Category Archives: Wardrobe Wishlist
Lately I have been looking around for appropriate yet stylish outfits that show off both my professionalism as well as my own personal style. Now 22 and a senior graduating college its time to sophisticated my wardrobe while still maintaining my own flare. The hunt has been harder than I thought. But while shopping around I found this beautiful winter-white drop-waist dress by Victoria, Victoria Beckham which I assume to be priced at around $800 to $1000. On the right is Top Shop’s tennis dress for a steal at £85. So would you Splurge or Steal?
My friend asked me if I could help her find a collared necklace for under $100. Jewelry-line Dannijo has really changed necklaces by creating one big enough to call it a collar necklace. And although I would love to own it myself, my student budget doesn’t really allow me the freedom to spend that kind of dough when I’m jobless. So I took it upon myself to look for a cheaper but just as chic alternative to Dannijo’s must have collars.
While looking at the usual online stores of asos.com, topshop, shopstyle, shopbob, and net-a-porter I forgot one of my favorite stores, Anthropologie.
Although I was suppose to just be looking at necklaces, some how I ended up at shoes and other accessories. I hadn’t been on the website or in a store for so long. I had forgotten what a great selection of unique and beautiful things they offer.
With the holidays just around the corner I thought I’d show you some items that will be on my wishlist, although I doubt I’ll be getting all of them. A girl can dream though, can’t she?
Alright, I’m over the hot weather, anyone else? Bring on the scarfs, sweaters, and boots. I’m ready for it. And I say this knowing I’m going to regret writing this blog post when I’m walking in two feet of snow to class come December.
Of course I love going down to the beach, being homework free, and enjoying pink lemonade sipped from mason jars, but just like all the September issues anxiously await their newsstands, I couldn’t be more excited for the leaves to change colors so I can throw on that slouchy go-to sweater, wrap my neck around a large scarf, and pull on a pair of boots. Although this outfit is pretty unreasonable for my college budget, here’s an idea of what I picture casual fall fashion to epitomize.
1. 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel $875, 2. Madewell Silk High Tea Top $118, 3. Hooded Drape Coat $675, 4. Etro Embroidered Rabbit Felt Hat $360, 5. All Saint Jeans $110, 6. Frye Billy Ankle Bootie $297.95
I’m thrilled to see that the bootie is back for another season. I’m petite, only 5’2”, so I find that knee high boots tend to make me look shorter. Instead, I look for booties. They are adorable with jeans, skirts, leggings, dresses, you name it and basically it works. Here are a couple of my favorite from this season. Many are Isabel Marant inspired because I’m in love with her bootie for this fall season (see earlier post). Another huge fall trend for the fall is 1970s inspired. So pair these booties with thick tights and crochet dresses for a free-spirited look or a flared jean with a silk blouse. Free people is a great place to look for young 1970s inspiration.
I know looking at this collection probably just made a sweat drop trickle down your cheek, but it’s inevitable that fall is approaching, and quicker than you think! Here are some of my affordable Fall must-haves.
1. A silk top is great to pair with pretty much anything and everything. Day or night, jeans or a skirt, heels or flats it always works. I like the caramel color but black, white, or grey work just as well. J Crew also has some Silk blouses in some really nice colors. And Joie (although they are a little over $200) have the best variety of printed silk blouses in my opinion.
2. This black silk and lace dress is adorable. Its currently on sale at Zadig & Voltaire for 180 euros (originally 300). Dress it up or down.
3. The H&M booties are a highly anticipated sold out item for fall. They come out mid-August and I assume will be out of them within a week. At $69.95 they are a total steal.
4. This two toned bowling ball bag is so convenient. I can honestly fit my life inside of one of these. The Louise Vuitton one looks smaller than it is but I’m pretty sure I even fit a textbook inside of it when I was running late for class one time. And these are two essential fall colors–tan and off white.
5. I love this top shop cardigan for fall. I’m a very minimalistic dresser so this with a white Hanes t-shirt and J Brand jeans is a comfortable and adorable look. Pair it with these red flats to give it some color and you are good to go.
6. Anything with wooden toggles is a must. I think its just so adorable. The red is a nice change from black or navy blue.
It’s cold and rainy in Paris so what do I do? I shop for bathing suits. Logical right? I want them all. The one downside is- I don’t do bikinis. Maybe buying one of these swimming costumes is the motivation to get into bikini shape. Ha, sorry getting a little nostalgic about London. I never actually use that term. Anyway, for all you Americans out there and Canadians who are experiencing the heat wave these are for you. Put the black bandeaus away and sport a more vivacious look. Now go have fun in the sun while I go get a hot coffee to warm my body up.